Sweater: Gap sold out, similar here and here / Jeans: Gap Maternity, non maternity here / Boots: Steve Madden / Bag: Urban Outfitters
Sharing today my favorite spring sweater. I love purple so much and this sweater is so warm and cozy. Spring in New York means mild temperatures, think 50 degrees, and this sweater is so perfect for those mild spring temperatures. This sweater is from gap and under $100. It is maternity but I am also linking to non maternity sweaters as well. The lavender is also the perfect shade and compliments so well. My sweater has sold out but I linked to similar ones above. I also can’t believe these pictures were taken when I was pregnant. It is so amazing how the time flew.
Dress: Forever21 / Shoes: Jessica Simpson / Headwreath: Custom made by my mom 🙂
Sharing a few pictures from my maternity shoot I did almost 2 months ago with this gorgeous lace spring dress. I love lace so much, it is literally my favorite. I want to wear lace all spring because it is so feminine and girly and exactly how I am. This dress is non maternity, and under $50 from Forever21. It is such a steal. Forever21 has really been having so many looks I am loving lately and such affordable fashion. I am going to get ready to do a big spring shoot all non maternity clothes (yay!), and can’t wait to share with you guys what I end up finding.
I can’t believe it has been almost 2 months since my maternity shoot and that my pregnancy is over. Aria is such a dream, she just eats, sleeps and poops haha. I didn’t get around to doing a bump update while I was pregnant, so below is a list of a few questions I was asked during my pregnancy to share with you guys.
- How much weight did I gain? 35 pounds
- Did I get any stretch marks? Nope and I only got them on my boobs with Lucas during the first trimester. With Lucas I used Bio oil to prevent stretch marks and with Aria I used this organic butter stretch mark I ordered off Amazon. The Bio oil worked great but I was so sensitive to smell with Aria I had to find something that had less smell.
- Did I get any morning sickness? Yes a ton, I lost 7 pounds in the first trimester and the morning sickness really didn’t go away until 16 or 18 weeks. I did end up having a girl and she had a full head of hair. So maybe the old wives tales are true?
- Did I get swollen feet or legs? Nope, not with either pregnancy.
- When did I start wearing maternity clothes in my pregnancy? Around 13 weeks I went into maternity jeans because they are so comfy. I never really liked the belly bandit for maternity jeans for me. For the other clothes I really tried hard to size up in non maternity clothes.
- Did I get heartburn with my pregnancies? I did with both, but it was a lot worse with Aria I had to really stay strict with what I ate, portion sizes, time of day or had to rely on tums to help a girl out.
- Did I face more mood swings or was I more emotional? Both, definitely a lot of mood swings, more than with Lucas and I am always pretty emotional but I was a bit more with this pregnancy.
- When did I start to show? I started to show sometime in the second trimester. I wasn’t “larger” the second time around, I was actually smaller I am not sure if it was because I was carrying a girl.
- When did I share the news? We usually share the news around the 12 weeks mark and try and get everyone informed by 20 weeks. We are superstitious so we like to wait until we are more into the pregnancy to share the news.
- Are you nursing? Yes, I nursed Lucas and I am nursing Aria. My boobs are huge!!
Jacket: Nordstrom Rack Shirt: Nordstrom Rack, similar here and here at a higher price point Jeans: Gap Bag: old similar here Boots: Old similar here
I am loving this spring suede jacket. I am wearing it in Olive, but it also comes in grey and tan and I am loving those colors as well. It is on sale for under $30 from Nordstrom rack and is such a steal. It is perfect for spring when the temperature starts to warm up. I also love pairing it with a nude chiffon top, also from Nordstrom rack, I linked to a few similar as the one I bought in September is sold out.
Looking at these pictures makes me realize how much bigger baby girl is getting, a few short weeks we get to meet her and I am so excited. We are setting up the crib this weekend and the bedding has been ordered. I am just ordering the lighting for her nursery. I can’t wait! Once she is here we will do a blog post on her nursery, which I am hoping will come out perfectly.
Duster Cardigan: Forever21 / Jeans: Gap / Turtleneck: Target / Boots: Old similar here / Bag: old similar here / Sunglasses: Target
I am so in love with the duster cardigan trend. It adds so much to an outfit and if you pick a statement piece it can bring your entire outfit to a whole new level. I am wearing simple black jeans and a black turtleneck and this piece really brings the outfit to life. Not to mention when you are really showing in your pregnancy, it hides the bump more and any areas that need some hiding. For all of my mamas out there, you know what I am talking about. I had such a fun time shooting this look with my girl, Arazelly. She is such an amazing photographer. We shot in the Lower East Side of Manhattan and there were so many cool opportunities and great photography spots. We shot this look at Mr. Purple and I can’t wait to go back.
Shirt: Boohoo / Jeans: Banana Republic / Jacket: Boohoo / Flats: Steve Madden
Sharing a spring fashion look I did a few weeks ago with my friend Arazelly at the Brooklyn Bridge. I wore this look on Easter weekend but did a mini shoot with her for fun to officially shoot this look.
Arazelly is such a great photographer (as you can see from the pics) and as I am getting more into photography and this fashion blog thing, thought we would do a fun mini shoot by the bridge. If you haven’t been there is so much to do by Brooklyn Bridge Park. There is Grimaldi’s pizza, Jane’s Carousel, the park has so many activities itself especially in the summer like the kids water lab, soccer fields, walking and biking paths, etc…I also love walking in downtown Brooklyn near all the shops. If you are ever in NYC don’t miss going to Brooklyn and of course walking the Brooklyn Bridge (so beautiful!).
This past weekend we celebrated my husband’s 33rd Birthday with friends and family with a small BBQ at our house. It is finally getting warm and beautiful here in NYC and I am so excited for this weather. It is making me plan and book all of our summer trips. Do you guys have any great summer plans??
Scarf: H&M / Jeans: Banana Republic / Denim Shirt: old similar here / Trench Coat: similar here / Shoes: Nine West
I love spring scarves. They are so light weight, they come in so many fun spring prints to spice up your wardrobe and keep you warm on those chilly spring days without making you too hot. There are so many fun spring accessories but this one is one of my favorite. You can wear spring scarves with a dress, denim on denim, with a spring trench coat, and even with leggings or after working out to spice up your casual outfit. I have styled spring scarves in so many different styles and they have all looked wonderful. I hope you are adding spring scarves to your wardrobe, I feel it is a must! If you need any advice on how to transition your wardrobe to spring, read my article here. Now all we need is the spring weather to come and stay in New York!
Let me know in the comments below how you style spring scarves xoxo.
Kimono: Forever 21 / Jeans: Banana Republic / Shoes: similar here / Bag: Anne Klein
Today I am talking about four ways to transition your wardrobe into spring. It is still cold here in New York City and the weather can range from anywhere from 50 degrees to 70 degrees during the day and even colder at night. We are definitely checking the weather to make sure we dress appropriately. Below I am sharing four ways I am transitioning my wardrobe into spring.
- Put away heavy winter clothes Woohoo! I do this first in my wardrobe transition. I make room for my spring pieces and to put them front and center, I put away all heavy jackets, sweaters and winter boots. In its place I bring forward my spring trench coat, light weight jackets and sweaters, and ballet flats.
- Layers Since the temperature can fluctuate I make sure to always bring a light weight jacket. I usually start my outfit with jeans and a tank, or short sleeve shirt, with a light weight sweater or long sleeve button down. Therefore, if its really cold I have layers plus my light weight jacket, and if the temperatures are high enough I can spend a few hours in my short sleeve shirt or light weight sweater.
- Bright Colors One thing I get excited about is getting to wear bright colors again. I start to put away my browns, greys, and blacks and I start to bring out my pinks, blues and whites. These spring colors are amazing in front of newly blossomed trees.
- Spring Accessories One of the best spring accessories are light weight spring scarves. This is a great way to keep warm when it is colder but the scarves usually come in great light colors or floral prints. Great way to add spring to your wardrobe. Also, don’t forget nothing says spring and summer is right around the corner without a great pair of sunnies. Colorful handbags are also a great way to add some spring. Swap your black bag with a light blush bag and instantly add spring to your look.
How are you transitioning your wardrobe into spring?
Spring coats: old similar here, here and here. / Jeans: Banana Republic / Shoes: Nine West / Sunglasses:Steve Madden (in store purchase)
It is starting to feel like spring here in New York City. It was 70 degrees yesterday and that made me take out my spring jacket and jump for joy. During spring I love wearing a trench coat. There are so many cute ones that you can really add a lot of style, like the collared ruffle one I am wearing in the photos above, or you can go simple and sleek with a classic trench. The best things about trenches is it really is a classic look, so you can wear it for everyday wear, running errands, to the office, and even at night when it isn’t cold enough for a heavy jacket, but you still need a light jacket to keep you warm. I feel it is a must in your spring wardrobe, it really is the perfect coat. How do you guys style your trench coats? Share any favorites below.
Knee High Socks: look one / look two / look three // Dress: Kensie
Sharing today three looks with these knee high socks. Chrissy’s knee high socks sent me these looks which are super comfortable and such fun prints. If there is an item within your wardrobe you can experiment and wear fun prints, it is definitely with your socks. You can pick some fun socks and let your personality shine through. I also couldn’t resist getting a strawberry frosted, with sprinkles of course, doughnut when I wore these doughnut printed socks. I chose the really fun doughnut print, the pink striped & flower printed knee high socks, both are perfect for spring. All socks shown are $10 or under, direct links above. Happy Tuesday! Xoxo.